Bundaberg is a region 4 hours north of Brisbane and the southernmost gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. Bundaberg offers a coastal experience plus small city drawcards such as museums, heritage buildings and lush botanic garden.
The region is internationally recognized by iconic Australian brands such as Bundaberg Rum, Bundaberg Sugar and Bundaberg Brewed Drinks, to name a few.
- Visit the turtles as they nest in the Mon Repos Regional Park
- Tour the iconic Bundaberg Rum Distillery and even enjoy a taste testing!
- Island hop on Lady Elliot and Lady Musgrave
- Hinkler Hall of Aviation
- Ride the Bundaberg Sugar Cane Railway Train
Shopping can be done locally at Hinkler Central Shopping Centre, Stockland Shopping Centre or in our CBD Shops on Bourbong Street.
We are spoilt for choice with beautiful local restaurants and several takeaway varieties.
Bundaberg Bowl & Leisure complex is a kids at heart play centre for all ages. Boasting, ten-pin bowling, laser tag and games arcade. Our cinema is located in Bundaberg West.
Bundaberg Airport is our regional airport service which links to Brisbane.
Bundaberg Railway Station is situated in the heart of Bundaberg. Travel time to Brisbane and Rockhampton is approx.. 5 hours.
Duffy Buses service the Bundaberg & Bargara region. Information including timetables are available at http://www.duffysbuses.com.au/services/town
Bundaberg Bast Hospital
Friendly Society Private Hospital
1800 333 730
Mater Misericordiae Hospital Bundaberg
Bundaberg Private Day Hospital
Primary & Secondary Schools
Bundaberg Central State School
St Joseph’s Catholic School
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School
Bundaberg State High School
Kepnock State High School
St Luke’s Anglican School
St Patrick’s Catholic School
Bundaberg Christian College
The location and lifestyle of the Bundaberg Region provides a multitude of opportunities for members of the community to enjoy sport providing a very high standard including:
- Salter Oval - the home of rugby league and cricket
- Bundaberg Super Park - regional athletic facility with a full synthetic athletic surface and 12 court synthetic netball facility
- Hinkler Park – hockey synthetic turf surface
- Bundaberg Multiplex with indoor multi-sport courts
- ANZAC Park Olympic Pool
- Norville Park Swimming Pool
Visitor Information Centre
36 Avenue Street, Bundaberg QLD 4670
1300 722 099
Open: 9am – 5pm – Monday – Sunday